Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Carbon footprint


Carbon footprint is a measure that illustrates how much the human can affects the environment because of their activities. The carbon footprint also measures capacity of carbon dioxide that we produce it.

There are many websites which can calculate the carbon footprint. One of these websites is http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/. My carbon footprint is 3.35. In fact my carbon footprint levels are high because it considered as harmful for the environment. Now I am going to outline the reasons that consists my carbon footprint and I will mention the solutions to reduce my carbon footprint.

There are several factors that can raise my carbon footprint level. The major factor is my travelling by car which produces a huge size of carbon dioxide. The next main problem is that I spend more than 10 hours every day with my electronic devices and that uses a lot of electricity which depend on burning oil or gas. Another issue which is raising my carbon footprint is eating meat and fish. It’s really difficult for me to be a vegetarian because I always prefer to eat meat.

There are several solutions to reduce my carbon footprint. One of the solutions is that to change my transportations as much as possible from cars to walking or even bicycle. The second solution is to reduce my use on the electronic devices by using it for the significant requirements. The final solution is to change my food system to a healthy diet at least because it’s hard to me to be vegetarian.

To conclude, there are many solutions to reduce the carbon footprint, but the problem is to apply these solutions to the real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment